Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Latest Game Purchases #16

While everyone else has been basking in the greatness of the latest Wii Zelda, I've had to wait for a few days. I pre-ordered my copy of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword back in early September. I would have picked mine up on Sunday at GameStop with the midnight launch, but I didn't get paid until Tuesday. Truth be told, I didn't mind waiting much. The 7.5 score that GameSpot gave it didn't deter me in the slightest and who knows, I may even agree with some of those points made in that review, but I'm really looking forward to playing through it. I just have a lot of other stuff I need to play or finish. That backlog isn't getting any smaller and I don't think it ever will. Still, I was stoked to pick up Skyward Sword and it's nice to have another high profile Wii game. Also looking forward to listening to that Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony CD that comes with all initial copies of the game. Soundtrack CD releases of any kind are rare in the USA, so it's a very nice bonus.

Skyward Sword isn't the only Zelda goodness I took home today. After putting it off for months, I finally bought Twilight Princess. I wanted to get the GameCube version and passed on it several times due to the price, which was a mistake as that version is getting more difficult to track down. So I settled on the Wii version. If I come across the GameCube version, I'll still pick it up. It's not often I buy two Zelda titles in one day. I think the last time I did that was with the Game Boy Color Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages titles. Which I still haven't opened. I kid you not.

1 comment:

GameOverYeah said...

I bought Skyward Sword on the Monday after it was released. Traded in some 360 games and had a money off voucher so managed to knock the price down to £20 (about $31) which I was really pleased with.

Unfortunately though I moved house at the weekend so it's still sitting in the bag I brought it home in until I've unpacked everything. :-(

Oh, and I have both the Wii and Cube version of Twilight Princess. ;-)