Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2023

VGM Saturdays Vol. 2. No. 007

I went with the Arial font for the titles this week. Nothing against Georgia font, but I thought I could use a bit of a change.

K.K. Cruisin' - Animal Crossing (N64) - Funk Fiction, Tee Lopes

K.K. Slider is one of the best dogs in gaming. Not just for his super chill attitude, but for his wide selection of music. A big favorite of mine ever since the first game has always been K.K. Cruisin'. That is a jam that can be heard in one or sometimes two rooms in my house on New Horizons. Back in 2020, Funk Fiction and Tee Lopes worked together to give us this sweet remix and it just might be my favorite K.K. Cruisin' arrangement. 

Dice-Dance-Days / Dancing Smash Hero - Gunstar Heroes (GEN) - Monte

Since I plan a great deal of these VGM Saturday posts out in advance, I sometimes surprise myself when I look back on the music I choose. Legend of the Gunstar Heroes definitely deserves more listens. Since it has been a while since I heard this one, I'd forgotten how hard the guitar goes on this track.

Cyber Space 1-6: Go Back 2 Your Roots - Sonic Frontiers (Multi)

Well, would you look at that. More Sonic Frontiers music. That's two weeks in a row now. I changed things up a bit by using a Guardian track last week, but once again, we're back in Cyber Space. Yes, I use  a lot of Cyber Space tracks for VGM Saturdays (they are so FREAKING GOOD) but I adore the entirety of Sonic Frontiers' music. I thought the layout of this particular level looked familiar. It turns out it is Green Hill Act 1 from Sonic Generations. 

Lethal Strike - Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)

Back when I first got into the FINAL FANTASY series, I would pick up any game I came across if I could afford it. One such title was Final Fantasy Legend II, which is actually a SaGa game. Kenji Ito wrote this battle theme and I fell in love with this track the first time I heard it. This is high energy chip tune goodness and I am so happy it is available on streaming platforms legally. 

SUPER M.T.B. - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSP)

The Danganronpa games intrigue me and I would like to get around to playing them sometime. Trigger Happy Havoc originally released on the PSP in 2010 and it has since been ported to the Vita, PS4 and mobile devices. I did listen to the soundtrack for the game shortly after it was released and this track as well as SUPER FINAL M.T.B. were huge stand out songs for me.

Cyan's Theme - FINAL FANTASY VI (SNES)

SQUARE ENIX may treat FINAL FANTASY VII with vastly more favoritism than the other games (OK, a LOT more favoritism) but VI is a grand game all it's own. It tackles a lot of themes such as acceptance with one's self and how the loss of loved ones can deeply impact someone. Terra is largely seen as the central character in FFVI and she has a great story arc but seeing my man Cyan pick himself up after losing his wife and child hits me in the feels something fierce. 

VGM Saturdays Vol. 2 Database

1 comment: