Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

8-bit Mega Man 7

The good stuff with Mega Man just keeps on coming. First Mega Man 9 gets confirmed last week and Sunday night someone linked some YouTube videos of an 8-bit version of Mega Man 7, one of my favorite games in the series.

Developed by Mend, the game is just what it sounds like. All of MM7 in its 16-bit glory scaled down to 8-bit. Visuals, sound effects, music, everything about this game looks like the 8-bit NES MM titles. If you've never seen your favorite games downgraded, it really is an impressive feat. The game can be downloaded in the link provided above. I haven't played the game but I've watched a lot of the videos and I gotta say, Mend has done an excellent job.

I've always loved MM7's music and it sounds awesome in 8-bit form. Just download the tracks and enjoy. The week's just started and this is already one of the best things I've come across on the net.

No comments: