Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Favorite Mario Power-Ups

I've always felt the Mario games had some of the best power-ups in gaming, Super Mario Bros. 3's being the best in my book. Sure, anyone can fly with a cape, but flying with a raccoon tail? That's awesome! The Hammer Bros. Suit was also cool for having a fireproof shell and killing nearly every enemy in the game. You only got to fool around with Kuribo's Shoe in one level but it was more than enough to get an idea of how broken it was, which is more than likely the reason why it was only in that one level. And the Tanooki Suit! I want Tanooki Suits to become a real life item. That's all I have to say about that.

Outside of SMB3, the Mega Mushroom in New Super Mario Bros. was great. It was basically an improved version of Starman, except you had the added bonus of being friggin' huge!

So what are some of your favorite Mario powers?

2 comments:

Tommy said...

I'm partial to the cape, especially cause of the sound emitted when you get the feather.

Hammer Bros. suit is also awesome since you can deal out the pain you've had to put up with in SMB 1.

Reggie White Jr. said...

I get a kick out of throwing hammers at the Hammer Bros. I really hated those guys in the first SMB.