Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Latest Game Purchases #18

While I was out doing my last rounds of Christmas shopping, I treated myself to something of a Christmas gift with a few games, which will more than likely be the last games I buy in 2011.

King of Fighters IX is another game I used to own but never got back from a friend when I moved. I didn't play it as in depth as I did other KoF games but it was still a lot of fun. All I need is Kingdom Hearts and I'll have all the games that I loaned to pals back before I said adios to Ohio.

The Legend of Starfy is a DS game I've had the chance to pick up at Best Buy on the cheap numerous times. And what happens when I finally decided to purchase it? Every copy was gone. Luckily, Wal-Mart had some in stock for just $15. Score.

Speaking of Wal-Mart, they had one copy of Kirby Mass Attack left, a game I've been wanting to play for months now but either couldn't spare the cash or was buying other games at the time. They also happened to be selling it for $29.95 as opposed to Nintendo's SRP of $34.99. So screw you, Nintendo. Looking forward to playing this and unlocking the mini games.

When I picked up a gift for my brother-in-law at K-Mart, they were having a deal where if you bought a Sonic game, you got a Mini Sonic figure free. All of the figures are based on classic Sonic designs and they had Sonic, Super Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in stock. At $5.99 a piece, the things are a bit pricey, but since I was getting it for free, I couldn't complain. My pick was Super Sonic. Some searching on Google showed that, as I suspected, the entire collection of mini figures (which also includes Metal Sonic and Amy) can be picked up in a single set. Beats $5.99 for each figure separately. But at least now I'll have another mini Super Sonic when I eventually buy the whole set.

No comments: