Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Favorite Tunes #208: Insert Your Christmas Themed Title Here

I couldn't really think of a Christmasy title for this one. All of the ones I wanted to use, I used up in previous Christmas themed Favorite Tunes, hence, the lazy title I went with. Anyhoo, I've taken care of all my Christmas shopping and the only thing I want for the holiday is for my friends and family to have a very good one. The same goes for you.

Frozen Solid and Chilled - Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U, 3DS)


At the risk of cheesing off a lot of folks, I think Yoshi's Woolly World might be the best Yoshi game. The level design is fun, varied and seeking out the collectibles is highly rewarding. I like this game so much I bought it a second time when the 3DS version hit under the Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World title. The overall soundtrack is outstanding and every single winter theme is a winner.

Frozen Factory Act 1 - Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC)


This is a track I posted years ago, back in 2013, I believe. I completed Sonic Lost World recently and while the game has some problems, I don't think it's a bad game and certainly doesn't deserved to be lumped into the pile of Sonic games that are trash. Well, the Wii U and PC version, at least, as I have not played the 3DS version. This has been one of my abosolute favorite winter themed video game music tracks. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I listened to it repeatedly the first time I heard it.

Ice Brain - Remastered Tracks Mega Man Zero 2


I think the Mega Man Zero games (of which there are only four) are due for another re-release. Yes, we had the Mega Man Zero Collection on the DS several years ago, but how about an HD Switch version a la the Azure STriker Gunvolt: Striker Pack? That would be excellent all bit itself but the icing on the cake would be the remastered soundtracks from all four Mega Man Zero albums thrown in as selectable BGM.

Snow Go - Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)


The Crash Bandicoot  N. Sane Trilogy was a remake done so remarkably well that it will be my preferred way to revisit the three PS Crash platformers. I don't think every piece of remixed music tops the original, but for the most part, I do love a lot of them. The Snow Go remix kept my head nodding even though I was hating the icy physics.

Shiveria: Town - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)


There hadn't been a sandbox Super Mario since Super Mario Sunshine and that released way back in 2002. Nintendo finally returned to this style of play with Super Mario Odyssey in what just may very well be the best sandbox Super Mario game yet. From the many moons to collect to the plethora of costumes to outfit Mario with, Super Mario Odyssey will keep the player busy.

Diamond Dust Zone Act 1 - Sonic 3D Blast (SS, PC)


We've got another returning Sonic track, another huge favorite of mine. I break this one out every Christmas. I like the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast's music just fine but I prefer the Saturn version over it. Minority opinion, but I stand by it all the way. This song is sure to put you in a holly jolly mood.

Favorite Tunes Database

No comments: