Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Favorite Tunes #207: Rusty Bucket Bay

We're getting closer to Christmas, which means I've got to piece together some Christmas/wintery themed tunes for you next week. Until then, enjoy this week's selection.

Bonus Stage - Lode Runner 3-D (N64)


As much as I love posting old favorites in this feature, there's nothing like discovering a new favorite. I just found out about the music from Lode Runner 3-D. There are only a handful of tracks, but this music is quite good. There's some really nice techno, electronic and house beats in here.

Asteroid Coaster Act 2 - Sonic Colors (Wii)


I recently started a play through of Sonic Colors. The last time I played this game was when I finished it in 2011. The game is so much better than I remember and without a doubt one of my top three favorite Sonic games. Being a Sonic game, I really don't need to gush over how outstanding the soundtrack is, but yeah, it is really freaking amazing.

George Jensent - Fighting Layer (ARC)


It has been several years since I've featured music from Fighting Layer on Favorite Tunes. The series is making a come back with Fighting Layer EX. Both Fighting Layer and the Street Fighter EX games (the later also made by Arika) have splendid soundtracks and I cannot wait to see what they give us for Fighting Layer EX.

Rusty Bucket Bay - Banjo-Kazooie (N64, 360)


With the release of Yooka-Laylee earlier this year and now the recent release on the Switch, I think it's safe to say that Banjo-Kazooie is relatively fresh in gamer's minds. The 1998 release was a wonderful collect-a-thon  platformer what was colorful, funny and in some late game instances, pretty dang cruel. The mere mention of Rusty Bucket Bay, even with it's catchy tune, is certain to bring back dreadful memories for any player that tried to complete this level.

Park Avenue - Sonic Forces (PC, NS, PS4, XBO)


A game some are calling a steaming heap of trash, Sonic Forces  is not the dumpster fire that these people make it out to be. It certainly could have been better but for what it is, I had fun with it. The avatar stages have lyrics and while the move into the cheese territory, most Sonic vocal tracks are cheesy so they fit in just fine.

Intermission - Double Dragon II: The Revenge (ARC)


After years of not liking the original Double Dragon's arcade score, I've warmed up to it a bit recently. I still feel the NES version is superior and Double Dragon II's arcade music is a much better effort than the first arcade game. Repetition is the name of this theme, but it's the good kind. Makes me wanna groove like Dashie.

Favorite Tunes Database

No comments: