Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2023

Let's Discuss: That FIRE Feb 8, 2023 Nintendo Direct

The Big N announced that they would be dropping a Nintendo Direct on Feb 8 that would consist of roughly 40 minutes of gaming goods for the first half of 2023. "First half of 2023" is a bit misleading since some games won't come out until July or late August but this Direct was so freaking good, so I'll let that slide. Stuff that has me hyped for the Switch in 2023? Read on.

Pikmin 4

Image: Nintendo

We finally saw gameplay footage of this game. It looks just as cute, charming and as fun as the other games. Ice Pikmin were shown off and that makes me wonder if there are other new types in the game as well. There is an adorable two legged dog that doesn't have a nose and I need the plushie for him NOW! I suppose I should finally pick up Pikmin 3 Deluxe and finish it. I loved the demo.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

Image: Nintendo

The demo was dropped after the Direct. I decided to pass on it because I already know I'm going to love this remake. The Magalor Epilogue makes for some nice additional content. After he tried to conquer the world, I'm tempted to leave him stranded but he turns over a new leaf and builds theme parks now, so I guess I gotta help him. 

Metroid Prime Remastered

Image: Nintendo
I place zero stock in rumors. Until things are officially confirmed, I don't care. Welp, Nintendo confirmed it, so now I'm on the care train. Despite owning the original on GCN and the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, I never played much of the first Metroid Prime. This remastered version looks amazing and has multiple control styles. Nintendo also shadow dropped this sucker. Only $40 for the digital and physical versions. I'm already buying  a lot of games this month and Nintendo is making me spend more money. 

Fashion Dreamer

Image: Nintendo
I legit thought Style Savvy was coming to the Switch, but my hopes were dashed. But it turns out the developer of Fashion Dreamer is Syn Sophia, the same devs of the Style Savvy games, which explains why it looks so similar to Nintendo's fashion series. The myriad of different clothing is gonna make for some killer combinations. This game looks like an excellent fit for the Switch and I am itching for a release date.

Disney Illusion Island

Image: Nintendo
Combine the words "Mickey Mouse" with "Illusion" and you have people's interest. Throw in a few of Mickey's pals, evoke the look and feel of Rayman Origins/Legends and you've got me ready to throw money on the table.

Nintendo Switch Online Game Boy & Game Boy Advance Games

Image: Nintendo
I initially wasn't really excited about the reveal of these games finally hitting the Switch. But once the Direct was over, I found myself checking the eShop to see when I could download the applications for both game sets. The GB was a huge part of my childhood, so I can't help but be gleeful about being able to play these games again. NSO GB games one-up the 3DS versions by having rewinds and classic GB, GB Pocket and GB Color filters. You can also go with the original GB motion blur. Which I absolutely hated as a kid so I won't be using it. 

Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster

Image: Nintendo
I was curious about these games back in the GCN era but I think I was turned off by the card battle system. These days, I play all kinds of games I think I can adjust to battling with cards. I hear the story and characters are some of the best in the RPG genre. The music is by Motoi Sakuraba? *faints*

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Image: Nintendo
This game was originally on the DS  and I have only heard good things about it. I never got around to picking it up back in the day, so I won't make the same mistake for this HD version. Murder mysteries aren't my favorite genre but with all the praise I've heard for this one, I'm gonna give it a look. All you fans that played the original, I know you've gotta be on cloud nine right now.

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection

Image: Nintendo
I never picked up any of these games, but a good buddy of mine always goes on about how good they are. These HD versions look dang good and while the price is steep for all three ($80), I'm still gonna give these a try. RPG fans are eating GOOD on Switch this year.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Image: Nintendo
Yes, I am beyond hyped for this game, GIVE ME IT ALREADYYYYYYYY!!!! *Ahem* Link can drive tractors now? How did his hand get all messed up? What happened to Zelda? Are there more runes in this game? Will rain strike when we try to climb stuff? I have so many questions. Yeah, it sucks that the game is $70 and I can in no way shape or form defend that, but dang it, I want this game sooooo bad, so I'm getting it. Gaaaaahhhh, I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this game and roam around, putting off the main quest.  

1 comment:

BMG said...

I am soooooo excited about Zelda!!! totk!!!!! GOTY of 2023!!!!
NHL 23 coins