Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Downloads #33

Mighty Final Fight (NES)



SD Final Fight on the NES. Mighty Final Fight was one of the last games to be released on the NES, so like Little Samson and DuckTales 2, it is not an easy game to track down. At least a physical copy. Looking through the NES games on the Wii U eShop and seeing this baby was quite the pleasant surprise. A digital version of Mighty Final Fight for $4.99 instead of a physical copy for over $100? Yes, please!

Duck Hunt (NES)



We didn't get a Duck Hunt Revival on the Wii, which was  crying shame. We didn't even get the NES version of Duck Hunt on the Wii's Virtual Console. Since Duck Hunt cannot be played on HD TVs, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever be able to play NES Duck Hunt again. A few weeks ago, I booted up my Wii U and saw that one of the game's being played by others was NES Duck Hunt. Nintendo had finally found a way to make the game work on HD consoles with the Wii Remote. There's a target on the screen, but I don't care. I'm just glad I can play the first light gun game I ever played again.

EarthBound (SNES)



2014's Platinum Club Nintendo awards were digital games. I already have a physical copy of EarthBound, but I always like to spring for digital versions of cartridge games whenever possible and this seemed like the best of the what Nintendo was offering.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA)



When I purchased my GBA back in 2002, this was the first game I picked up and played to death. I'm a bit puzzled with Nintendo's decision to go with the Wii U for releasing GBA games rather than the 3DS, but I'm just happy that these old GBA games are making a comeback.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS)



A physical copy of this game will net you a pretty penny. I do have the Wii remake, but I like to check out the original version of a game whenever possible. Maybe I'll try going through this and the remake back to back sometime.

Rockman 4: The Complete Works (PS)



This is like, my third time buying this game digitally. The Complete Works versions of these games have some nice bonuses that the originals don't like arranged music and Navi mode. Partial versions of The Complete Works titles made it into the Mega Man Anniversary Collection but it was still missing quite a few things. Curiously, only The Complete Works of Rockman 1-4 are up for grabs on the PSN.

Vib-Ribbon (PS)



I remember reading about this game in Electronic Gaming Monthly in the early 2000s. A unique platform game where you move to the rhythm. You can even put in your own music CDs to play different levels outside of what the game offers.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB)



That is one long title. Why they didn't just call this one Wario Land is beyond me. Loved this game as a teen, but I never finished it.

Wario Land II (GB)



Since I picked up the first Wario Land, grabbing the second adventure only seemed natural with what little funds I had left. I've never played this one but I hear it's a much bigger game than the original.

No comments: