Search This Blog

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Does the new Mega Man Cartoon Even Stand a Chance?



Capcom is far from being my favorite company right now but even I'm sick of the "Capcom hates Mega Man!" mentality of the fanbase. True, Capcom could give the Blue Bomber better treatment. Fans don't want merchandise, they want a new Mega Man game, but with the way Capcom is right now, I can't help but think the Mega Man game fans crave would not be the one they actually get. 

I have always wanted to see a new Mega Man cartoon or anime series with today's tech, but the images that have surfaced so far aren't filling my heart with glee. But I've been wrong before. I wasn't a fan of Batman: The Brave and the Bold's silver age art style and that is now one of my favorite Batman shows. Even so, I am worried that this new Mega Man show could be trash but it could very well be doomed from the start because it is set to air on Cartoon Network.

Placing any cartoon on Cartoon Network that isn't one of the network's original shows is practically a death sentence. The Network is notorious for shifting shows that aren't originals all around the schedule block or airing at a time when most people aren't even awake or home to see it. I can't remember the last time I caught Sonic Boom or if it is even still airing. Then there's the issue with the network's other original shows even getting any air time at all. Things have improved for The Amazing World of Gumball and We Bare Bears but Steven Universe has been getting royally screwed. I'm surprised Cartoon Network hasn't renamed to Teen Titans GO! Network because that along with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is taking up so much of the channel block. I get that TTG brings in the views but the channel is over saturated with it. If this Mega Man cartoon is even any good, how will it be able to compete with Cartoon Network's own shows? Justice League Action is a fun action cartoon that seldom gets any time to air because it isn't a CN original. It already isn't looking too good for everyone's favorite blue robot boy.

This Mega Man cartoons already has fans rallying for it's death and it doesn't air until 2018. Older fans probably won't even give the show a chance but younger viewers may enjoy it. If the show runners wanted to appeal to a younger audience, that's fine but they should have took the show to Disney XD because I'm certain Cartoon Network already has a coffin ready for this not CN original show.

No comments: