Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Good Friends Rocks!

So my birthday was Thursday, July 2 and buddy of mine had just found out via facebook. He called me up and wanted to take to any place of my choosing to eat. Much to his surprise, I picked McDonald's because I had no desire to eat any place fancy. (You should have seen the look on his face. He told me he was expecting to drop $40.) It had been forever since I had a Big Mac. I'd almost forgotten what they tasted like.

After that, he asked me what PS2 or DS game I'd buy if I were getting one. I already have a ton of games I've yet to play and I actually had to stop and think what was the last game I purchased. I don't remember the exact conversation we had, but I really couldn't think of any one game I'd buy. So we drove for a while and we pulled up to a mini mall. He said "Guess where we're going?" I jokingly said UPS because it was one of the stores at the complex but I already knew where we were headed. Among the stores was a GameStop and I'd already deduced what we were doing there.

Lots of games to choose from and he was gonna buy me whatever I wanted. Of course I already knew I wasn't gonna go overboard on price. A good 20$-$30 game would more than make me happy. Since I already had a stupid amount of PS2 games to play, I setteled on a DS title. In the end, I setteled on Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. Despite having only played the first two games and the demo of VIII (I actually own the first Dragon Quest as Dragon Warrior on NES, Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII. VII hasn't even been opened and I haven't even started VIII), I've always been a fan of the DQ games. I plan to make DQIV the first DQ game I actually beat and I'll eventually work my way through the rest of the games.

I'd like to thank my friend Justin Sivak for buying the game for me and more, for being a good friend.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Happy B-Lated Birthday!!

And sweet game!