Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

What Mega Man's Box Art Should Have Looked Like

The box art for the very first Mega Man game looks like crap. I know it. You know. The person who drew it knows it. When I see the image that someone on the net put together posted above, I can't help but think that's what the box art for the blue bomber's first outing should have looked like it. Better artwork may have helped the game's sales, but as the saying goes, don't judge a book by it's cover. Abomination artwork didn't stop Mega Man from becoming one of the most recognized video game characters of all-time. Still, how many you think would replace their NES cover art with the above image if they could?

4 comments:

Tommy said...

Yarr, I need to own the original game (complete) first, but yes, I'd love that box art!

Reggie White Jr. said...

I paid $20 for my NES copy back in 1997. It even came with the instructions. Still got the whole thing, too. =)

Tommy said...

*Summons the jealously monster for 200 MP!*

Someday though...For now, I've set my sights on some PC games.

Reggie White Jr. said...

Heh, I thought $20 for a game that was soon to be 10 years old was a bit much at the time.