Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

Arrrgggh, Not Again!!!

Built in 1957, the Laguna Seca is one of the most famous tracks in all of racing. It's also known for being that one level for some gamers and has once again become the bane of my existence.

The Laguna Seca has haunted me since Gran Turismo 2, both in license tests and in actual races. It was also a track I dreaded running my tires over in Gran Turismo 3. I started up Gran Turismo 4 over the weekend and guess what real life track has returned? The track has 11 turns, the most (in)famous being "the corkscrew." This blind turn has messed me up more times than I can count, even when I know it's coming. I must have done a license test the other day for over 20 minutes because of this stupid track. I can only imagine the horrors this track has caused actual racers in real life.

The above image gives you a better view of what the curve looks like. It may not look all that threatening and to those that haven't raced on it, well, ignorance is bliss.

It's been a while since this track has gotten me this worked up and since I just started GT4, I doubt this is the end of my frustration.

No comments: