Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Return to the Animal Forest

92 months. That what all my friends in CUBE tell me. It has been 92 months since I last played Animal Crossing for the GameCube. I knew it had been a while, but I never expected to get an exact numeric total.

So what got me to turn Animal Crossing on after seven years? My nieces. I was looking for games they could play when I eyed Animal Crossing. Since I was the only one playing my copy from years back, there were three empty files. I figured I'd start up a file in their names. Nakiah, my oldest niece, really seems to enjoy Animal Crossing and Ava is also itching to start up her own file after watching Nakiah play.

I'd forgotten how much time I'd put into Animal Crossing when it was originally released and about how much fun I'd had. Yes, it was a very repetitive game and could be described as The Sims lite, but it was still some of the best times I ever had on the GameCube. Yeah, dealing with Tom Nook was a headache, but it was worth it to make my house bigger and fill it with all sorts of cool stuff like an Ar-Wing , Mario & Luigi trophies, NES games and countless other cool items. I've got so much money and so many things in my catalog, I've decided to help Kiah and Ava out by sending them furniture, clothing and leaving things in front of their houses for them to pick up.

Playing Animal Crossing reminded me that there's Wild World on the DS and City Folk for the Wii that I still haven't picked up. I hear the formula for those titles hasn't changed much, but I don't think I'll care much. Who knows, maybe I'll become addicted to those titles like I did the first Animal Crossing.

No comments: