Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Thinking of Getting an Atari 2600

The first vivid memories of video games I have come from owning an NES, but I still recall good times had with the Atari 2600. Some may think that the wood paneling on the side of the console makes the unit look silly, but I've always been fond of the design and think it adds to the charm.

Recently I've been thinking of picking up another 2600 ever since my trip to Video Game Heaven back at the end of March. They had a few 2600 units in and they looked like they were in excellent condition. Many Atari 2600 titles run pretty cheap and are easy to come by. I already have a good chunk of my favorite 2600 games on my PS2 via Activision Anthology, but the 2600 was still one of my first game systems and it'd be really nice to have one again. Even though it wouldn't cost much, I could still put that money towards buying other retro things like NES games. *Sigh*Ahhh, I just don't know.

No comments: