Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Favorite Tunes #241: Comfort Zone

Have you ever found yourself trying to balance too many games at once? That's the situation I'm currently in. I'm greatly enjoying every game I'm playing but making time for all of them is a bit difficult. Still, its hard to feel too bad when you've got so many great titles to choose from. Anyway, just a bit of real game talk for ya. Enjoy the tunes.

Dirtmouth - Hollow Knight (PC, NS)
First released on the PC in 2017, Hollow Knight hit the Switch in 2018 and I have been loving this game. The soundtrack has a very, mostly quite, tranquil vibe and I find that can make exploring the ruined land feel quite peaceful. If you're looking for some more relaxed gaming music, Hollow Knight has you covered.

Menu - Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle (NS, PS4, XBO, PC)
The Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle has scratched an itch I've had for some time now. The genre has been on my brain and I was thinking about popping in Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1 and 2 to get a fix and then, this beauty of a compilation gets revealed during the September 13th Nintendo Direct. The Menu them is pretty dang awesome and gets you pumped to walk right and punch people in the face.

Museum - Captain Commando (ARC)
Speaking of the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle, here's a track from Captain Commando. The first time I played this game was on Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2. I didn't play it as much as I did Final Fight or Knights of the Round, but I do remember enjoying my time with this one. I played it again after picking up the Beat 'Em Up Bundle and this game is absurd and as fun as ever.

Industrial Area - Final Fight (ARC)
This the last Capcom beat 'em up I'll feature in Favorite Tunes this week. Promise. I plan to make a list of my favorite beat 'em ups one of these days and you can bet that Final Fight will be near the top of the top of the list. The game offers some of the best two button action you can find even if it can be very cheap when it swarms you with enemies. The soundtrack is among the best of Capcom's CPS I arcade board. Some of the composers for Final Fight's soundtrack include Maname Matsume and Yasuaki Fujita, both known for the contributions to the classic Mega Man series.

Broforce Theme Song - Broforce (PC, PS4, NS)
If you want to play an over the top run 'n gun action game where everything can be destroyed, check out Broforce. The game was originally released on PC in 2015 and then the PS4 in 2016 and hit the Switch earlier this month. The game went by yours truly unnoticed until a fellow forum member started discussing his play through of it on the Switch. So I checked out the trailer and couldn't help but smile as this themed played.

Comfort Zone (Main Menu) - Sonic Mania (PS4, NS, XBO, PC)
The team behind Sonic Mania wowed many of us and while I'm still not ready to say it is the best Sonic game ever (sorry, GameSpot but you need more than a few days to make such a wild claim), it is nonetheless, an outstanding title, thanks in no small part to Tee Lopes amazing soundtrack. I know the level themes tend to get the most love (for good reason) but the menu tracks are pretty awesome in their own right.

Favorite Tunes Database

No comments: