Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2019

EA Isn't Bringing Much Games to the Switch? Sounds Good to Me


Horrific events have occurred lately. There was a shooting in El Paso, Texas and right after that, there was a shooting in the Oregon District of Dayton, Ohio. I recently moved back to Ohio and I recalled that I worked in the Oregon District before moving to Virginia almost 10 years ago. For the umpteenth time, the blame for these shooting is being placed at the feet of video games, violent ones in particular. I have no intention of defending my favorite hobby from a group of morons that wish to point the finger at a medium when these same rush-to-condemning folks have yet to come up with any proof that video games cause people to kill. I watched the latest Jimquisition and I do agree that blaming video games for the El Paso and Dayton shootings is not only stupid but a distraction. As awful as the shootings were, they do shine some of the light away from the evils plaguing the video game industry, something I'm sure scum suckers like EA appreciate. This is an editorial I've wanted to have up for about a week now so it is past time I've hopped to it.

One look on the eShop shows that the EA hasn't been going all in on Switch support like other companies have. Given how the Wii U turned out, it was understandable that lots of third parties looked at the Switch with caution or took a wait and see approach. Once the Switch started selling like crazy everyone and their mother flocked to support the Switch. Well, everyone except EA. It turns out EA feels that gamers don't appreciate the games they offer on the Switch, which is why the selection of games is currently four. 

EA not publishing many games on the Switch?


Yeah, I'm not seeing that as a bad thing and if any good can come from more EA games on the Switch you will have a very hard time convincing myself and I suspect, many, many others what good that could possibly be.

Less games from EA on the Switch is a blessing as far as I'm concerned. Less games without grindy gameplay to enforce microstransations? They should pass a law to keep EA from publishing games on the Switch. But I don't want any of my fellow gamers to feel let out on this. PS4 owners, XBO players, PC gamers, where you at? I'm pretty sure that a good chunk of you wouldn't lose any sleep if EA published less games on those platforms.

Let's be real here, EA does not publish games. They publish trash thinly disguised as games. This is a company that cannot go without stuffing a game with microtransactions because they can never make enough money to be satisfied. Same goes for Activision. Classy move, slipping Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled with microtransactions after the game released to positive reviews. Some players would smell it before it was dealt but even as someone that has yet to pick the game up, it really grinds my gears. 

I personally do not appreciate EA's Switch offerings or the company at all for that matter. The Switch is doing just fine without much support from EA. The system has a wealth of third party support and indie developers love the hybrid. There's also Nintendo's insane first party goods, which rarely disappoint. 

It cannot be understated that EA is a terrible, terrible company. Every single negative word in every language wouldn't even come close to summing up what a crappy company Electronic Arts is. Oh and since I didn't get around to making an editorial on the subject when it arose, yes, EA, you are the bad guys. You've always been the bad guys. You buy out developers and destroy them and in turn, ruin great franchises. You struggle with perception of being seen as a vile cooperation? Touch rocks. Your awful reputation is going to stick to you like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm. 

No comments: