Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Virtual Console Purchases #7

Super Mario 64 (N64) 
When I did my Memories blog entry on Super Mario 64, I stirred up a huge desire to go back and play the game again. And since it's Mario's 30th anniversary, what better excuse to replay one of the plumber's finest games? Visually, it looks smoother on the Virtual Console and it controls great with the GameCube controller. I'm planning on going for all 120 Power Stars just like I did in the summer of 2009. Right now I'm up to 54. I plan on getting a few more Stars before going to bed but many of the 100 coin Stars in courses 6 and onward are just so irritating to get. I'm glare at you, Haze Maze Cave & Rainbow Ride.

Super Mario Kart (SNES) 
I thought about picking this one up the last few times I bought Virtual Console games, but I always went with other games. Not that I regret my purchases, but Super Mario Kart is a classic and kicked off the whole cart racing genre. You really can't go wrong with this game. It's been a few years since I've played it, but the original Super Mario Kart is very much like riding a bike. You never really forget how to play this game. 150 cc races might make my blood pressure rise, but I always have a blast with this game. I'm stoked to play through it again.

No comments: