Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2020

VG Soundtrack of the Day 064: DOOM

So I went back to work in late May. I wasn't sure if I should keep doing these daily soundtrack posts. Turns out I'm getting more work days than I thought even with reduced hours. However, just because I've gone back to work and reclaimed some sense of normalcy, there are still a whole lot of people that are out of work. The pandemic is still going on and unless you've been living with your head in the ground, you are aware about the unrest that is currently gripping the world. I'll talk about that and COVID-19 on my other blog. Point is, I felt I should keep doing these daily game soundtrack posts. 'Sides, I really enjoy it.


Anyway, today's soundtrack is that of the classic PC FPS, DOOM. Having finished DOOM a few months ago, I was impressed at how well this 1993 title held up, both in terms of gameplay and the soundtrack. I found myself humming some of the soundtrack when the tunes were rolling back and forth in my brain. Sure, it have a very early 1990s MIDI sound, but these are still some excellently composed beats.



VG Soundtrack of the Day Database

No comments: