Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Super Mario War 1.8 Beta

So I've been playing a lot of the Super Mario War 1.8 beta. Since I played SWM 1.7 Sunday evening, the game has more or less taken up all of my game time. Being that SWM 1.8 is only in the beta stages, I didn't think I should bother with it. How wrong I was. This game is so playable and and has so much stuff going on that it may as well be the finished product.

72DPIAMRY, the developers of SMW have really done a masterful job with this game. A simple concept of stomping heads has become a daily thing for me now. The fan contributions to SWM is outstanding. Many of the 1000+ maps you can play on have come from players that love the game. The creativity I've seen in some of these stages is just amazing. Some maps perfectly recreate all four levels of the original Donkey Kong, and one stage looks like it came directly from Shadow Man's stage in Mega Man 3. SMW is a game that keeps on giving. And then you've got all the skins you can use in battle. You haven't lived until you pounced on fools at Elec Man or Bloo (Fosters Home of Imaginary Friends).

If the beta of SMW 1.8 is this superb, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Download Super Mario War 1.8 beta.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Q_O Zoinks!

I'm still figuring which version of Flash Smash I want to get.

Reggie White Jr. said...

There are actually quiet a few Super Smash Bros. fan games in the works. The one I'm really stoked for is Super Smash Flash 2. Though when I play Super Mario War, I tend to forget all about the game.