Search This Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mega Man 5 Gets the Endless Treatment


If you haven't purchased Mega Man 9, you may not be aware of one of the extras the game has called Endless Challenge. The game thrusts you into random portions of the levels throughout the game and to clear each area, you have to get to the teleport capsule.

I haven't played MM9 yet, but I've read up on what sounds like a really cool concept. Thanks to Rock5easily, I've gotten a taste of what MM9's Endless Challenge is like. Rock 5 Endless does just what MM9's Endless Challenge mode does. Where you begin and will end up is completely random. You have all your weapons and special items to help you kill bosses and advance through the levels. However, there are no E-Tanks so the only way you can recover your energy is by killing bosses and picking up refills along the way.


Like MM9's Endless Challenge, Rock 5 Endless keeps track of how many levels you've cleared with a counter at the top right of the screen. The first time, I played, I cleared 40 stages before I was met with defeat from Crystal Man. The second time, I was able to clear 107 stages before I died. Word at the Rockman Perfect Memories forums is that it's easier than MM9's Endless Challenge. Some players there have cleared over 500 stages. Even with it being on the easy side, its pretty fun. I've provided a link with the ISP patch. Be sure to patch a Rockman 5 rom, not a Mega Man 5 rom. Click on the image in the link to download it. Enjoy.

Rock 5 Endless

No comments: