Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm Cranking Them Out!

The last few days I've been putting together compilation albums from my findings on the net. I'll try to keep this post short and I'll say a bit about each album. I've got more albums to do and a date with Dr. Wily in 8-bit Mega Man 7.

Mega Man Remastered

I found a Japanese website that specializes reproducing video game music, keeping it close to the original track, but enhancing it. Calling it remastered sounded good enough to me. There were a lot of Mega Man songs on the site (over 40) so I compiled 39 of them into one download. Listen to these with the volume cranked to the max or with headphones to get the most out of it.

Chrono Remastered

Eight tracks from one of my (and maybe your) all-time favorite games have been remastered and they've never sounded better! That's saying a lot when you consider the original score is pretty epic! This version of Battle 2 needs to be played at an Opera. Seriously.

SNES Remastered

Like Mega Man Remastered and Chrono Remastered. The SNES had one of the best audio chips for a video game system. Many gamers have a lot of soundtracks that came from this system.

SNES Remastered 2

Same deal with the first one. Koopa (the final battle music in Yoshi's Island) sounds like 500 levels of one bad mother...! Just download it.

Azell Arrange


Azell arranges video game music. She does a magnificent job of it, too! Some of the best arrangements I've ever heard. A few songs just cut off, but that's only flaw in an otherwise solid collection of tracks.

Azell Final Fantasy Arrange


Azell! Final Fantasy!! Arrange!!! Why are you still reading this stupid text?!

Full Moon


Nothing but Moon Themes from DuckTales, including one vocal track! I even tossed in a MIDI collection.

Chrono Fantasy


A collection of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy music from various Japanese fans.

The Red Wings


This UK-based band does a marvelous job pumping out rock versions of video game tunes. They've only done 12 songs and I've thrown them all into a single download. Check out their website here.

No comments: