Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rockman 3 Goes On Forever

I love rom hacks. In a time where I hardly have the money to afford anything, rom hacks have been keeping me occupied for the better part of the year. Hot on the heels of Rockman 5 Endless is Rockman 3 Endless, a rom hack of Rockman 3 and my all-time favorite Mega Man game.

Despite Mega Man 3 being widely viewed as one of the best games in the Mega Man series, there have hardly been any good rom hacks for the game. Sure, there's Mega Lion, but it just replaces the character sprites with animals and alters what little text there is. For my money, Rockman 3 Endless is the best Rockman 3 hack you'll find.

Just like Rockman 5 Endless, Rockman 3 Endless is a never ending survival mode where you try to clear as many screens as you can without dying, much the same as Mega Man 9's Endless Challenge mode, which gave birth to these "Endless" hacks to begin with. On my first go, I cleared 57 screens before I bit it and I died on a bad jump in Gemini Man's section. Like Rockman 5 Endless, you havea all of your weapons and Rush forms from the get-go and you'll really appreciate the brokeness of Rush Jet in this hack. Tough areas like the Magnet Man section pictured above and be completely bypassed by using it.

Be sure to patch a Rockman 3 rom, not Mega Man 3 rom. Just click the picture in the link provided. As with Rockman 5 Endless, Rockman 3 Endless seems to get frequent updates. As I was writing this blog entry, I found out that a newer version has been posted. Check the author's site often!

Rockman 3 Endless Patch

No comments: