Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jenga with DK

One of my favorite games to play as a child that was not a video game was Jenga, the famous tower stack and builder. As much as I loved that game, you'd think I'd have my very own but alas, it was never the case. Until now, that is.

I cannot believe I was completely oblivious to the Jenga Donkey Kong Collector's Edition. Seriously, I had no idea such a version of Jenga was in this world until I was walking around Barns and Nobles and spotted it a few months back. I've had my eye on it for a while now but never had the cash to pick it up until I started working. Well now I'm the proud owner of DK Jenga and since it has the likes of Mario (or is it Jumpman here?), Pauline (or should we call her The Lady?) and DK himself in it, it's automatically better than plain old Jenga.

I was expecting the DK Collector's Edition of Jenga to play like ordinary Jenga but it seems that there are some new rules involved. There's even a spinner for using hammers, and springboards and ladders just like you would in the classic DK game. Of course you can probably opt to play it like normal Jenga, too, whioch is fine and dandy but I'm always up for Jenga with a twist. Since this is a special version of Jenga, I'll be taking extra care not to lose any of the blocks or pieces to the game. I haven't had time to sit down and play it yet but I probably will when I get a day off work.


Naturally, I can't wait.

2 comments:

snowboardgamer said...

that is the sickest Jenga set ever

Reggie White Jr. said...

I know! Isn't it cool?