Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Super Mario TKO Demo Get

Fun fact: I don't play a lot of Super Mario World hacks. I guess I've been discouraged from doing so because of hacks like Super Kaizo World. Thankfully, not all SWM hacks are bent on making players go postal. Super Mario TKO, a game that's been in the works for some time now, is shaping up to be a very polished SMW hack. I've spent the last few hours playing through the 18 stage demo and I must say that the game is a lot of fun. The author didn't set out to make some stupidly hard hack where you "learn" by dying. No kaizo traps, no invisible coin blocks that kill you. This is straight up old-school, tradional Mario gameplay. The game uses custom level graphics and custom music. I already want the soundtrack to this hack. I'm going to be keep watch over this one because I can't wait to play the full version.



Super Mario TKO Demo

Just be sure to patch a Super Mario World (U) rom. Have fun!

4 comments:

Tommy said...

Heh, the title gets me thinking of a Mario-themed Punch-Out.

Reggie White Jr. said...

I'd play it.

Nesplayer said...

That was a pretty nice hack, i actually enjoyed it. I also think Super Kaizo World= Experience of Video Game torture!

Reggie White Jr. said...

Indeed. Kazio is for players that have a death wish.