Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

More Shirts, Figures & a Water Bottle





My collection of gaming shirts continues to grow. This week I picked up a t-shirt based off of a game pretty much everyone has heard of, Angry Birds. I actually haven't played this game yet, but I've caught wind of it in reviews and dorkly's awesome flash videos. It looks and sounds like a lot of fun. There were actually two Angry Birds shirts to choose from. Another one said "Wingmen" with a red bird being launched but the only sizes they had for that one was in medium and small (I buy all my t-shirts in large). There also weren't very many of them, and since Angry Birds is insanely popular, I figured I better pick up one of the shirt types while they were still there. The other shirt I picked up was a Green Lantern symbol. Yeah, I know it's not a game related shirt, but I figured I'd still mention it. Some people may think my decision to pick this up is because of the movie, but it isn't. I haven't even seen the GL lick and I'm not the biggest GL fan. However, I am a fan of Green Lantern John Stewart, who I was introduced to in Justice League and because of that series, he's my favorite Lantern. I didn't realize until after I bought it, but on the back of the shirt is the Green Lantern oath. Pretty sweet.


I happened to spot this Sonic water bottle and since it was so cheap, I gave it a good home. This particular picture of Sonic has long been a favorite of mine. I already have a hand me down water bottle from my dad that works pretty well, so I'm not sure I'll use the Sonic model just yet. It wouldn't be the first thing that just sits on a shelf if left unused.


Tomy Gacha recently released the Sonic the Hedgehog Buildable Figures toys. There are six of these total and like most Tomy toys, they come in capsules so you have a hard time seeing what you've got until you pop that sucker open. I bought three. I wanted to get a Super Sonic and despite being in a capsule, I was able to see some yellow in the tiny holes so I had a feeling one of the three had to be Sonic in his super form. Turns out I was right. Twice. I ended up with two Super Sonic figures and one Knuckles. I was hoping to get a Metal Sonic, or a standard Sonic, but maybe next time. Opening these up made me think back on all the times I got Happy Meals at McDonalds. I'd eagerly open the box to see what toy I got and it was nice to get that feeling again.


Jazeware's 10" Metal Sonic is something I've had my eye on for months. Out of all the robotic Sonics that Robotnik has built, Metal Sonic is by far my favorite. He just looks so evil and cool. The packaging says ages "4+" but after reading up on this figure, I'm not really sure this thing should be played with. That's just a heads-up for anyone planning on getting it for their child. In fact, I'll be keeping mine in the packaging because despite Jazeware's reputation for quality work, I hear this thing can come apart easily if you're not careful. Maybe I'll buy a second one some day and take him out of the box. For a much better look at this Metal Sonic figure, I recommend checking out this video.


1 comment:

Tommy said...

I'd love to get figures of Goku and Kenshiro at some point, I've just not moved money away from games to do it.