Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Latest Game Purchases #10

The bulk of these games came from GameStop and as a result, I'm getting Game Informer magazine again. After reading a few articles in the magazine that I got with my games, I have to say that I like what I'm seeing. Since I haven't read GI in so long, it's like welcoming back an old friend. But I digress.

I missed out on Samba De Amigo on for the Dreamcast and I'd been meaning to pick up the Wii version. I saw it for $20 at K-Mart a few times but I'm glad I held off because I was able to score a used, complete copy for just $4.99 at GameStop. As fun as using maraca controllers on the Dreamcast might be, I think I'll manage just fine with the Wii Remote and nunchuck.

Before I moved out from Ohio, I passed up a chance to pick up House of the Dead 2 & 3: Return for $19.99 at a GameStop. Days later when I went back, it was gone. I've kicked myself ever since. As luck would have it, I saw the game again for the same price and in a GameStop, no less. Seriously, what were the odds? Oh and it was also complete. Green-blooded zombies and stiff, wooden voice acting, here I come!

Mario Golf, Mario Tennis; I've really enjoyed the Mario line of sports titles. I saw Super Mario Strikers used a few times for $17.99 but I just wasn't willing to part with the cash. GameStop had it used and complete for just $9.99. Super Mario Strikers was made by Next Level Games (Punch-Out!! on the Wii) instead of Camelot so it'll be interesting to see what their take on Mario-style soccer (or football depedning on where you're from.)

Sonic Unleashed is the only game that I didn't buy at GameStop, but instead, I got it from fye. This is another game I've been wanting to pick up and was wondering which version to get. It's kind of ironic that of all three next gen systems Sonic Unleashed was released for, the Wii version, released on inferior hardware in comparison to the 360 and PS3, ended up being the best one. Now I've heard that Sonic Unleashed is not the best 3D Sonic game and the Werehog stages are a deal breaker for some. However, I've also heard that the day stages were pretty good. Besides, I got it used and complete for $9.99.

3 comments:

GameOverYeah said...

Mario Strikers is such a great game.

I sat and completed all of the cups in one weekend it was that fun.

Keep meaning to pick up the Wii version.

Reggie White Jr. said...

It looks like it will be a lot of fun despite the fact that I've never played many soccer games.. Mario can get me to try out just about any sport. I still need to play Mario Superstar Baseball.

GameOverYeah said...

Cough, football, cough. ;-)

I pwn Mario Superstar Baseball but have only played it briefly, found it to a bit on the tough side in all honesty.