Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shirts, a Figure, and Some Bobble Heads


I planned to pick up some more Sonic-related figures of the 12" variety, but once again, unexpecting stuff turned up. The one Sonic figure I did end up buying was pretty special, though. It's a Jazeware's 1991 Sonic the Hedgehog figure. He's short, has the pot-belly and has no green eyes. He also comes with a Moto Bug, one of the mooks from the Green Hill Zone. Now if only he'd point his index finger upwards, we'd be in serious business. I haven't opened him yet but he doesn't seem to have much points of articulation at all, which doesn't really bother me. I also really like the packaging that he came in. Behind him is part of the background for the Green Hill Zone. I may end up getting another one just so I can keep this one in the packaging. I'm not one to buy figures and never open them, but I like this one a lot. I would have picked up a modern Sonic but upon looking him over, I could tell he was the exact same modern Sonic figure that I bought a while ago but in different packaging. If Jazewares would put out classic Robotnik and Tails, I would love them forever.


fye has a nice selection of t-shirts with a nice blend of comic and gaming related material. I went ahead and bought my second Mario-themed shirt, which has a lot going on against the blue background. Next up was my first Sonic-themed shirt with Sonic and the ultimate life form, Shadow, representing. fye had a buy one get one half off on the t-shirts for a few weeks but when I bought these, it was no longer going on, but since the sign that advertised the deal was still up, the lady at the register went ahead and sold me one of the shirts for half off anyway. Sweet!


A few weeks back I picked up the Wacky Wobbler Sonic bobble head in fye. It didn't take me long to find out that there were also bobble heads for Tails and Knuckles, but fye didn't have them in the store at the time. I planned to order them online but fye had a good supply of both Tails and Knuckles in stock and for pretty cheap as well. So I went ahead and picked up both. Interestingly, all of the Sonic bobbble heads were sold out. Not much of a surprise since all Sonic merchandise was 20% off when I bought mine weeks ago. By the way, Tails even has his full name written on his stand, Miles "Tails" Prower, very nich tough, I must say. Like the Sonic bobble head, I'll be keeping the boxes they came in.

2 comments:

GameOverYeah said...

I'm starting to build up a gaming t-shirt collection.

O/h bought me two t-shirts for my recent birthday. A SFII one and an OOT one.

That's on top of my other SFII and Zelda t-shirts.

Reggie White Jr. said...

dste, that's awesome and happy late birthday!

Some SFII and Zelda shirts would be nice to own. The only Zelda shirt I had with an 8-bit Link from The Legend of Zelda got lost.