Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Latest Purchases #29



It's that time again! Pay day has come and gone and I treated myself to $30 worth of goods. Come see the latest haul.

With Batman The Brave and the Bold The Complete Season Three, I now own the entire series on DVD. And make no mistake, this is a great Batman cartoon! I picked up season one last year and season two a few months back. With season three on sale for $14.99 at fye, it was hard to pass up. Kinda bummed the show only lasted three seasons, but that's still not too shabby. I'm currently watching season one, part one so I'll be doing write ups as I finish each DVD set.

Retro Gamer load 103. Atari turns 40 this year so I'm very much looking forward to reaching the special feature in this month's issue. The Atari 2600 (you know the one with the wood) was one of the earliest video game consoles I played along with games like Kaboom! and the awful version of Pac-Man. Sadly, I don't have the 2600 anymore as my father has long since sold it but things to collections, I can still get my Atari fix. While Atari may not be as big as Sony and Nintendo anymore, the influence the had on the gaming industry was still huge and for all the missteps the company made, the industry would be poorer without Atari.

I just found out that Tiny Titans concluded with issue 50. That was one of my favorite comics to read but since Superman Family Adventures is being produced by the same team that brought us TT, I decided to start picking it up. It uses the same art style and humor of TT and I like what I've read thus far. What I don't like? Supes wearing that stupid Nu DC costume. But whatever.

Archie's Mega Man comic has been on fire! I've been reading and loving this since Mega Man #1 released in May of last year and it's one of the best things going for Mega Man right now. The current storyline introduces some more new characters and in issue #13, Dr. Cossack and Pharaoh man appeared for the first time. Issue 14 shows the conflict with Emerald Spheres heating up and Dr. Wily is set to introduce the world to the robot masters from Mega Man 3! Awwww yeah!

No comments: