Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wii U Games Priced at $60



A mist all the Wii U news on Thursday, I missed the details surrounding the price of games. Wii U games will cost $60, the same price of most new 360 and PS3 games. My reaction to this news is the same as that Goomba in New Super Mario Bros. U's box art.

$60 games seem to be a sticking point for a lot of gamers. The cost of development continues to rise, which is the reason we see so many $60 games. The Wii U is Nintendo's first HD console so it stands to reason that development cost is high, where as the cost of development for the Wii was rather low. Now we're back to the N64 days all over again, where games on a Nintendo console are once more $60. I don't like it, but it's just one of those things we're gonna have to deal with. One things for certain: whenever I buy a Wii U game, that will more than likely be the only game I buy until the next paycheck.

2 comments:

Adam said...

:(

GameOverYeah said...

I don't know what It's like in the US but here in the UK games are hardly released at RRP anymore and you only have to wait two weeks for a price drop.

Mario games tend to hold their value for a while over here but generally I'm not expecting WiiU games to be priced at RRP level for long if at all.