Search This Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Downloads #31

Mega Man III (GB)



Mega May! That's a month of Mega Man games released on the eShop every Thursday. I came in a bit late, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Mega Man III on the Game Boy for a mere $2.99. This was the very first GB game I bought after purchasing my GB for my 12th birthday. Which was in 1993. Yeah, I'm getting up there.

Mega Man IV (GB)



Mega Man IV was also available for $2.99. I fully expected this to be one of those $3.99 and up games, but like Mega Man III, its practically being given away. Of all five GB Mega Man games, IV is actually my favorite.

Mega Man V (GB)



Most fans pick this as the favorite GB Mega Man title. It has original music and original Robot Masters all named after planets. It's also the only game in the classic series were Wily isn't the final boss. It's a fine way to end the GB Mega Man series and one of the best games on the GB. This one is set at $3.99, just like Dr. Wily's Revenge.

Game & Watch Gallery 2 (GBC)



I adore the original Game & Watch GB release. I get these more for the updated versions that star Mario and the gang but having the originals included is a nice bonus.

R-Type Dimensions (PS3)



I picked up a Dualshock 3 so my PS3 gaming is back in business. I hadn't downloaded anything from the PSN in some time so I picked up a $20 points card and did some shopping. While browsing the Digital Only section, I spotted R-Type Dimensions. After doing a bit of researching, I found out that this game was originally released on the XBLA service six years ago. It contains R-Type and R-Type II both in original and remade forms. They've also included co-op and infinite mode, which gives you infinite lives, which makes the games a lot easier. Original mode is also there for purists, which restores the games to their near impossible difficulty. All in all, a pretty rad digital compilation for only $9.99.

Space Invaders: Infinity Gene (PS3)



I've never really dived into too many Space Invaders remakes and sequels. Though I did play and enjoy Space Invaders DX on the Taito Legends 2 collection. There was a free demo of Space Invaders: Infinity Gene, which I quickly fell in love with. Within minutes, I jumped back on the PSN and downloaded the full game.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I've never played the GB Megamans, hear they're not very original.

Reggie White Jr. said...

I find it funny that anyone would play a Mega Man game for originality. The first four use bosses from Mega Man 1-5 on the NES and there is some familiarity to the Robot Master stages in the first IV MM GB titles but they certainly are not copy and past games. Not even ports. You should give them a shot, Adam.