Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Latest Purchases #82

People continue to make the bogus claim that the Wii U has no games, yet I play it more than any other console. Between Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, I've got Hyrule Warriors on the back burner and I just resumed playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze again along with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Its getting to be a bit overwhelming to have so many Wii U games to play and here I am with more to add to the pile.



I wanted to pick up Bayonetta 2 on the day it released, but it just wasn't in the cards. Fortunately, waiting has once again paid off for yours truly since I was able to snag it brand new at GameStop for $44.99. But before I dig into Bayonetta 2, I'll be tackling the first Bayonetta since I never did play it when it was released years ago. To this day, I think the inclusion of the first Bayonetta along with Bayonetta 2 was a ridiculously smart move.

Splatoon is another game I wanted to buy on launch day but I just didn't have the $60 to fork over at the time. I've been sour on the FPS and TPS for some time and this is largely due to the market being overrun with games in this genre. Since splatoon takes a remarkably different approach to what is arguably a worn out genre, ditching the dark and moody aspects usually associated with it, I'm naturally intrigued. I'm a little nervous about going online with this one since tons of experienced players area already out there but I'm sure I'll learn the ropes and what it means to be both a kid and a squid.

When I was picking up Splatoon, I had no idea I'd find a complete, used copy of Pikmin 3. If you were not aware, Pikmin 3 has unfortunately become one of those rarer Wii U titles. New physical copies are going for more than the $60 asking price online and unless you're willing to pay $80 or more, the digital method is currently the cheapest way to experience the third Pikmin entry. So I consider myself rather fortunate that I was in GameStop at the time that I was.



The last amiibo I purchased was everyone's favorite cheery-chasing dot munch. That's Pac-Man for the three of you that have never seen Wreck It Ralph. Sonic makes the guess star Super Smash Bros. amiibo line complete. Or, at least it would have until Sakurai added Ryu to the line up. GameStop had two Sonics left and I wasn't about to chance someone grabbing them and have to pay a bit extra from buying him online.

No comments: