Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2020

VG Soundtrack of the Day 044: Metal Black


Some day, I'm going to compile a list of what I believe are the greatest ZUNTATA soundtracks. You'd better believe that Metal Black will be on that list. This game needs a re-release via Arcade Archives. Not only is it a very good shoot 'em up, the music rivals that of Taito's Darius series. The first level track Born to be free is a theme that screams hope in a bleak stage and given the current climate we're living in, I can't help but feel that it hits home whenever I listen to it as of late. Dual Moon has always been the track I hit repeat on . non fiction will make you wanna get up and dance, Doubt as well as Time are perfect late game/final level tracks. Metal Black just might be my favorite Yasuhisa Watanabe soundtrack.

Metal Black (YouTube)

VG Soundtrack of the Day Database

No comments: