Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

New LA Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer Looks GOOD


April 30th. A day that would have lived on in infamy. It was the day the LA Sonic the Hedgehog trailer dropped. Sonic looked like the result of human/hedgehog breeding. The internet was not pleased. Heck, SEGA was not pleased. Then, something extremely rare in Hollywood happened: the movie's director, Jeff Fowler listened to the feedback and although it cost the movie its November 2019 release, LA  Sonicis a go for February 14th, 2020 and he's looking soooo much better.



Now that is Sonic the freaking Hedgehog. This new trailer got me to smile and laugh several times throughout. Not just because we saw Green Hill, which looks gorgeous. There's a table that Sonic uses to play ping pong on that is a high way sign that reads "Hill Top", a nice nod to one of Sonic 2's zones. You've got some Green Hill arrangement music in there, too and all that's great stuff for long time Sonic fans. However, I genuinely like the way Sonic is portrayed in this trailer. In the first trailer, it looked like Dr. Robotnik/Jim Carry was gonna be carrying (heh) this whole movie. Now? Sonic could be quite the show stopper. And in his own film, no less. The scenes with Sonic playing alone, using his speed to act as other players is a common trope for speedsters but Sonic's dialogue makes it work for me. Yeah, you've got good old Jim being himself and I'm sure he's gonna serve up the good stuff but now the trailer has me wanting to see even more of Sonic. There are some new action scenes in this trailer and thanks to Sonic's improved design, they look even better.

Could the movie end up being just average? Yeah, that is possible but this redesign along with this trailer being overall better than what we saw back in April is a remarkable improvement. Before, I wanted to see the movie because it looked like it was going to be a train wreck. Now? It looks decent and will probably get a few laughs out of me. I'll be picking it up when it comes to Blu-ray (I don't do movie theaters) so, they've got me sold. Plus, I did say I'd throw money at this movie in some form or another because they listened to fan outcry. See, Hollywood, it pays not to treat the fans like jerks.

Oh, and I'm calling it right now, we are gonna get SO many memes from this little scene here.


No comments: