Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Favorite Tunes #275: That's All

No, this is't a wrap for FT. This is, however, the last Favorite Tunes of 2019. I know I slipped on getting these out every Saturday so I'm gonna do better on that in 2020.

A Robot Named Fight! - A Robot Named Fight! (PC, NS)
You might be getting sick of roguelite games. The indie developers really love this genre and seeing it in your face all the time can get tiresome. I glanced at this title on the eShop and couldn't help but notice the Super Metroid inspirations from the level design to your character's jump animations. I thought I'd pick the game up someday but someday turned out to be on Christmas when a ton of eShop games went on sale, some as low as 99 cents. The music grabbed me with that title theme, which has some really radical guitar riffs and drum work.

Main Table - Dragon's Fury (GEN)
Also known as Devil's Crush on the TG-16, this Genesis port is one I can speak nothing about as far as gameplay but the music? Just listen to this Main Table track. In some ways, it might even beat the TG-16 version. That Genesis synth guitar was KILLING it!

Mission 1 - Gaiares (GEN)
I was given a complete copy of Gaiares from a friend and co-worker years ago. I think I made it to the third stage before getting slaughtered. This track appeared in my recommended videos and reminded me how mind blowgly awesome the first level theme was. Here's another track you can point those to who doubt the Genesis sound chip.

The Adventure Awaits (Map Screen) - Shovel Knight (Multi)
If for some reason you haven't bought Shovel Knight, you can pick up Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, which comes with the base game and all of the updated content the game has received over the years. It will make my 5th time buying the game. No, I don't have regrets and I don't need help.

Cyclops Theme - X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)
It has been about ten years since I listened to this game's soundtrack. It has a lot of good themes. Not only was the game developed by Capcom buy some of the same composers that worked on the soundtrack of Mega Man X, also wrote music for this games, which explains a lot.

GENOCE - Front Mission: Gun Hazard (SFC)
Trials of Mana, a few of the Romancing SaGa games, Square Enix is giving us some games that were never released outside of Japan. Would be nice if they got back on that Front Mission train and gave us some of the earlier titles in this series. Until then, I got some great militaristic soundtracks to hold me over.

Favorite Tunes Database

No comments: