Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2020

VGM Saturdays #289: Does it Really Feel Like Christmas?

With 2020 being the year it has been, a lot of annual holidays have felt strange. I've wrapped a ton of presents, heard the songs and it still does not feel like Christmas. Even so, I'm still excited to see my family open their gifts and I do hope it feels like Christmas for you. We have some reappearing songs for this week's VGM Saturdays. Christmas-like music has become a reoccurring theme over the years of this feature and I don't intend to break that tradition. 

Stage 3-1 - Super Turrican (SNES)

The first Turrican game I ever played. Naturally the first thing I noticed was the soundtrack. Perhaps it was due to Super Turrican being my first game but this soundtrack is also really dang good! It is full of themes that scream adventure, action and urgency. The bells give this one an especially Christmasy feel.

Diamond Dust Act 1 - Sonic 3D Blast (SS)

The superior version of Sonic 3D Blast music. IMO of course. This is pure winter, Christmas music at it's finest. 

Freeze Man Stage - Mega Man 7 (SNES)

This one leans more towards winter than Christmas but I LOVE this track and I will jump at any chance to plug it. Despite the game's faults, Mega Man 7 remains  huge favorite of mine. The game is filled with secrets and in many cases, you have to use the special weapons from defeated Robot Masters to find them.

Cozy Cabin - Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

This game is so freaking adorable. If you're looking for a chill game with a highly unique visual style that still holds up, Kirby's Epic Yarn is a wonderful jam.

White Ice (White Glacier) - Bomberman 64 (N64)

This little banger almost didn't make it into this week's VGM Saturday. I'm pretty sure I've posted this one before but those bells give it some added Christmas flavor and I'm going for more seasons greetings than anything else, so here we are.

Frozen Factory Zone 1 - Sonic Lost World (Wii U)

If not for Ice Cap Zone Act 1, this might be my favorite ice themed Sonic tune. I wouldn't end up playing Sonic Lost World until years after it released but I heard this song long before I played it. It was close to Christmas time, so for me, this song is one that I heavily associate with the holiday.

VGM Saturdays Database

No comments: