Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Latest Purchases #49



My local fye is about to remodel their store and reopen it in June so they have to clear everything out. And the best way to get everything out the door? Sell, sell, sell! Just about everything in the store is on sale. From 40%-70% off items. Here's what I came out with.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is a classic. I saw the movie around the time it was released in the late 1980s. Loved it as a kid and I love it now. Last year marked the film's 25th anniversary and it received a special edition Blu-Ray + DVD release. It was on sale for $19.99 but it was among the 40% off DVDs but I usually see paying $20 for a combo pack as a really good deal and with a 10% member discount, it was around $17 for me.

With Dragon Ball Z Season Seven, I at long last own the entire Z portion of the DBZ Saga. Well, the orange bricks set anyways. I still need to get DBZ Kai and I probably won't nab the Dragon Box sets since they are horribly expensive and had a limited print run. Season Seven is especially memorable for me as it contains the first episodes I watched that got me into DBZ.

I think this is Series 3 in the Super Mario Mini Figures series. You can buy these as individual figures but at $4.99 a pop, I see that as a waste. A whole set of six is just $20 and with the discount, they only set me back about 9$. These would look great next to my Sonic Mini Figure set. I just need some space to properly display them.

The Spider-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle coffee mugs have got to be the biggest mugs I've ever owned and I've had some sizable mugs. The Spidey mug was on sale for $9.99 but with the discount it was less than $6. The TMNT mug was under $10. I thought about drinking out of these but I don't wanna take the chance of marring those nice paint jobs. That's how my Sonic and Pac-Man mugs got ruined. Maybe the paint was just cheap on those but they are still missed. Spidey and the Turtles will more then likely be used to hold my pens and pencils.

No comments: