Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Downloads #26: $30 eShop Credit Edition

I picked up Shin Magami Tensai IV and Fire Emblem: Awakening mainly so I could take advantage of this great offer that Nintendo laid out. There are a TON of great games for purchase on the eShop. Game Boy games, Game Gear games, original titles and fully downloadably 3DS games. The eShop is yet another reason why the 3DS rocks. If you haven't done so, I highly recommend nabbing the two 3DS games to take advantage of this offer before August 31st. Here's what I got with my $30.

Pushmo (3DS)



Developed by Intelligent systems, this is a game I've wanted for some time. I believe it dropped in price because I'm pretty sure it was higher than the $6.99 I bought it for. I'm sure everyone is trucking away on the sequel, Crashmo, but I've always been fond of starting from the beginning, so I'll pick up Crashmo later on. Looking forward to trying out those player created puzzles.

Shantae (GBC)



Trying to pick up a physical copy of this game will bleed you dry. I'm ever so thankfully that it can be bought on the eShop for chump change. Since this game was made by WayForward and has a soundtrack by Jake Kaufman, I'm sure I'll love it.

GG Shinobi (GG)



I'm a big fan of SEGA's Shinobi series. You may think this one isn't worth your time because it's on the Game Gear, but this is actually a pretty competent game and one of the best GG games that SEGA has put on the eShop.

Mega Man 4 (NES)



One of my favorite Mega Man games, I love the Robot Masters and the whole Russian vibe that Dr. Cossack brings to the game. And I also like the Mega Buster. What I don't like is the sound it makes, screwing up the music. Fans like to call the Mega Buster a game break but they don't say a thing about the Metal Blades in Mega Man 2. Fandom. Feh.

Mega Man 5 (NES)



Lots of people feel the series started to go downhill with this entry but I still find Mega Man 5 enjoyable. The finally fixed that Mega Buster charge noise in this game!

Mega Man 6 (NES)



The Robot Master weapons are some of the worst ever and I don't find the music in this game anywhere near as memorable as the prequels or games after it. That said, I can still get some kicks out of Mega Man 6. The Rush adapters pretty sweet and they were combined into one of the best items in Mega Man 7.

No comments: