Search This Blog

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Latest Purchases #70



This is a batch of thing I purchased about a month ago. Maybe I should call this one Not-So-Latest-Purchases. Please pardon the sub-par quality of the image.

I actually have a collection of Dragon Ball Z action figures. I just don't have anything to currently display them on so they rest in a box in my closet. I thought I might some day pick up a DBZ plush. But I never imagined my first DBZ soft toy would be Majin Buu. When I saw this thing at fye, I was overcome with the warm, fuzzies and daaawwws. I mean, come on. Just look at Buu in plush form. He's soooo cute! I had to have him! Fat Majin Buu isn't my favorite Buu. That would actually be Kid Buu, but I think of all the Buu plushies they could make, Fat Buu is the most logical one to go with. Of course, if I see a Kid Buu plush, I'll be all over that like white on rice.

The Spectacular Spider-Man The Complete Series on Blu-Ray. I'd heard this release was coming to co-inside with the theatrical release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I always wanted a season two release of Spectacular Spidey. I've owned season one since 2009 and I was getting tempted to pick of the single DVD releases of season two just so I could have the whole series. Man, am I ever glad I held off on doing that. It is such a shame that this Spidey series was canned because it really did give us the best animated version of the web-swinger.

This Luigi Mario Kart Wii RC racer makes two in a series of five. I could have picked up Yoshi, DK or Peach, but I figure the Mario RC racer I already own needed his little bro to keep him company. My place is mostly carpet filled so I sadly, only have the kitchen to play around with these things. As such, I have yet to open Mario and Luigi is going to be staying in his box as well.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai was the first DBZ game I ever played. The abridged story mode (kinda funny when you take into account Team Four Star's DBZ Abridged) helped me catch up on the numerous DBZ sagas since I was a newcomer at the time. Budokai 3 was easily the best of the original Budokai games and arguably the best DBZ game. I know the music has been changed in both games due to Kenji Yammamoto being booted off the DBZ anime and games due to plagiarism, but some of the tracks in place sound quite good and I can always go back and play the original games if I want to hear the original score.

The moon-shaped Sacchi bookmark has a quote from Edith Wharton, which reads" There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." I've always been a night person so I guess I was indulging that aspect of myself by picking this thing up. Not so much the quote, which is awesome, but for the shape the bookmark is in.

No comments: