Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Favorite Tunes #168: Christmas Time is Here Again

The wait seemed like forever but we've only got one day until Christmas. Hopefully you don't have to do any last minute Christmas shopping. If you do, I hope you come back in one piece. If you don't have to go anywhere, and you're indoors with friends and family, I hope you're enjoying yourself. Every year, I set aside a Favorite Tunes for Christmas/winter themed music and this year is no exception. The holidays are totally infectious and not even video games are safe!

Snowdin Town - Undertale (PC)


I love Undertale's music. Fan's love Untertale's music. We all love Undertale's music. I think even the haters would have to agree that the music is pretty freakin' sweet. Snowdin is the home of skeleton brothers, Sans and Papyrus, which plays some wonderful Christmasy music. I was saving this tune just for the holidays.

 A Little Light Snowfall - Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)


If for some strange reason, you have not bought Yoshi's Woolly World, do it right now. The game's price has been slashed and the collectibles and platforming make it a great stocking stuffer. As Kirby's Epic Yarn before it, the winter themes of Woolly World have a delightful Christmas flair to theme, making it perfect for holiday or winter listening.

Horizon of Light and Shadow ~ Eternity's Moment / X'mas Edit - X'mas Collections music from Bravely Default


I really should have picked up Bravely Default when it originally released. These days it commands more than the $40 asking price of most new 3DS games and I fear it may only escalate from there. I just found out about this sweet Bravely Default arranged Christmas track and enjoyed it so much that I had to include it in this Christmas edition of Favorite Tunes. This is from the Bravely Default X'mas Collections album that released in Japan a two years ago.

Happy Holidays! - Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX (PS3)


Between the plethora of side games and 2.5 mixes, it can be tough to keep up with all the Kingdom Hearts games. Square Enix finally announced the long awaited sequel for the main games, Kingdom Hearts 3. Which fans are still foaming at the mouth to play as said announcement was some time ago (read: more than one year ago) with no official release date. And F-ZERO fans thought they had it rough waiting for new games in that series. Anyway, here's some upbeat Christmas battle music.

SNOWFLAKES - Persona 4 The Golden (PSV)


I should probably bring up Persona music a lot more often as the games have some great music. True, I haven't played most of them, but the adoration of these games scores has not escaped me. This is actually actually the first PS Vita game to get mentioned in Favorite Tunes. OK, so it it is a port but that's being nitpicky. I went with this one because it's topical and it sounds so darn good.

Diamond Dust Act 1 - Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)


I know I've posted this in a previous edition of a Christmas themed Favorite tunes years ago, but this theme just blends so well with the holiday season that I couldn't help but post it again. I might just make it a tradition to post this every year. It is easily one of my favorite winter themes from any video game. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Favorite Tunes Database

No comments: