Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2020

VGM Saturdays #287: Thanksgiving Was Not Cancelled

Saying that 2020 has been a rough year would be a huge understatement. A lot of usual events have had to be cancelled. Thankfully, one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving, was not one of them. Though it is been recommended that people don't gather in large groups as well as taking other precautions. I hope you're eating good and enjoying this four day weekend. Wash your hands, wear a mask and enjoy this week's selections.

The Champion Urbosa - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (NSW)

The demo for Age of Calamity left me with some very good impressions of the music. Now that I've been playing the full game and have heard more, I am LOVING IT. I own the soundtrack to Breath of the Wild and if a soundtrack is released for this game, I will buy that sucker with the quickness. 

Platform Action - Turrican 3 (AMG)

I have no idea what the abbreviation for the Amiga is, so I decided to go with AMG. Get ready to hear more video game music from the Turrican series because I finally listened to the music from the first three AMG Turrican games and yeah, Chris Huelsbeck has the midas touch. 

Guile Stage [New Remix] - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NSW)

I was really hoping we would get a remix for Chun's theme, but we did get the CPS-I and CPS-II versions of the original Street Fighter II jams, which is pretty aces. And we got this CPS-I inspired arrangement of a theme that goes with everything. And if Guile pops out of an Assist Trophy and you didn't summon him, please refrain from jumping.

Volcanic - Mischief Makers (N64)

"Shake, shake!" You smiled reading that didn't you? Wait, you didn't? You must be one of those uncultured swine that has never played Mischief Makers. Well, I don't blame you. This N64 Treasure title did get overlooked upon initial release and it has not seen a re-release in over 20 years. This is far from being the only bop in the soundtrack so if some more music from this game happens to pop up in your recommended section, don't hesitate to click.

Mathemabeat - Rage Racer (PS)

That first twenty seconds of this track may take some time to get used to. But once the 25 second mark hits, you'll be bouncing around like you're a club. 

Factory Action - Turrican Soundtrack Anthology, Vol. 3

I'm not anywhere near as well versed as other fans of Turrican but this track, is AWESOME. It was one the very first tracks from this series that I ever heard and I have loved it ever sense. It is full of action, adventure and is very upbeat, the later of which we could use so much more of these days. 

VGM Saturdays Database

No comments: