Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Latest Game Purchases 4

I wanted to go to Cool Stuff and Video Game Heaven again but since I'm not 100% sure hot to get o those stores and I don't fully know my way around my new home area, I decided to stick to the places that I do know. Rest assured, I will be heading back to Cool Stuff and Video game Heaven sometime in the near future and brick back a sweet retro haul, but for now, I'm content what I found, especially for the price.

fye is one of those stores I don't make a habit of walking into on a constant basis due to their steep prices, but as I've said before, every now and then you'll find some good deals and three of the four games I picked up today came from fye.

Hot Shots Tennis was cheap even before it was hit with a sale price, but the sale price made it super cheap and it was new to boot. I've been a big fan of Camelot's sports titles bot of the Hot Shots line and Mario Golf and Mario Tennis series. The company really knows how to make sports games enjoyable. I'll probably head back and pick up Hot Shots Golf 3 and Hot Shots Fore! If I have any extra cash burning a hole in my pocket.

I was a huge fan of the original Ape Escape so adding the the sequels to my collection was a no brainer. I still picked up Ape Escape 2 about three years back and now I've got Ape Escape 3, which also cost me less than a manga graphic novel. It was also complete.

I'm not the biggest snowboarding fan and despite owning an original cartridge of 1080 Snowboarding on the N64, I was pretty terrible at the game. I'm also aware that the sequel, 1080 Avalanche wasn't received as well as the original, but for $6.25, the game was sorta hard to pass up. Plus I was curious to check the game out on my own.

The only game I picked up at Best Buy and wouldn't you know it, it's a DS game. I almost bought Wario Ware: D.I.Y at GameStop and other retail stores for the original $34.99 asking price when it first came out last year. Man, am I glad I waited. They had that bad boy on clearance for $20.99. Sold! I'm stoked to get into this one. Not only for the new mini games but the game and music maker options.

No comments: