Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mario & Toad Join Luigi & Yoshi

Months ago, I picked up my first gaming plush toys in the form of Luigi and Yoshi during a trip to Barns & Nobles. The last few times I went in there, they had restocked the Super Mario line of plush dolls with the plump plumber himself present among the bunch. I guess timing really is everything because they were having a buy one get one free on these babies. With that in mind, I picked up Mario along with Toad. I would have picked Koopa Troopa over Toad because outside of being awesome in Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, the little fungus is pretty much worthless. Don't even get me started on how much he sucks as a guard. Koopa Troopa's on the same level of cute as Yoshi in this plush line. Still, Toad is part of the set so I figured I'd pick him up now and save Koopa Troopa for last.

Buying gaming toys and figurines is as fun as buying games. There are some other game related merchandise I've got my eye on, including a VERY cool Mario-themed version of one of my favorite non-video games (No, it is not Monopoly) and when I pick it up, you'll hear all about it.

The buy one get one free was still in effect when I went back on Saturday so I got Mario & Luigi for my two nieces. Gotta live up to my uncle status and spoil them every now and then.

No comments: