Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Latest Game Purchases 7

Super cheap haul of games this week. I managed to snag games for four different systems and two of the cheapest imports I've ever picked up.

fye has had some really good deals on stuff lately and they are giving me more and more reasons to stop in. all three of my PS2 games came from them alone.

I owned Shox years ago. I picked it up at Best Buy for ultra cheap but traded it in without ever playing it and ended up regretting it. I've always been fascinated my Rally Racing and Shox was more or less the sport with a twist. I never imagined I'd come across Shox again and for so cheap. Video Game Heaven actually had a copy on cheap as well but I ended up being at fye first so I bought their copy, which was also complete. Think I'll actually fire this one up soon.

Cobra Triangle is actually a Rare developed game and one of their earlier NES titles. You're on a boat, playing from an isometric perspective. If memory serves, it's a combination of racing and shooting levels. I owned this one years ago for some stupid reason, I traded it away. It's so nice when you can make up for past mistakes.

I never played or owned Rogue Galaxy but have always been intrigued to check it out. The low price made the decision to finally pick it up quite easy. RPGs have been a tough genre for me to get back into lately but if I can put 70+ hours into a 3D Mario game, surely I can get back into doing that with RPGs.

Because I already had two PS2 games I was purchasing, I was able to buy a third one for a dollar. I was already considering buying ATV Off Road Fury and when I was told I could get it for next to nothing, I was sold.

Star Fox Command is a DS game I've been wanting to check out for a while now. Imagine my surprise when I go into Video Game Heaven and they have a copy for under $5. It was even complete, too! By far, the least amount of money I've ever put down for a DS game.

When I think of After Burner, I can't help but hear Hiro's epic musical compositions in my head. Now if I I could play these games and not be terrible at them. I really can't even tell the difference between the first After Burner and After Burner II, though if I'm not mistaken, After Burner II uses slightly different music and you have to have a pretty good ear to spot those differences. If it's wrong to like a game you're awful at, I don't want to be right. Of all the Sega Ages Saturn games I've seen in Video Game Heaven, this was by far the cheapest at $7.99. It was complete, too. That seems to be a reoccurring thing with all the Saturn imports I've bought thus far.

Capcom Generations Volume 3 contains 4 games. Son Son, Vulgus (which sucks), Exed Eyes, and Higemaru. I'd actually forgotten that Capcom had released some of it's arcade games on the Saturn in compilations in Japan until I saw this. It was so stupidly cheap that I think I'd have felt bad for not buying it. Also, it was complete.

1 comment:

snowboardgamer said...

sweet deals on some old games you got there! I just put up a blog about my trouble deciding what games to sell, and what should stay in my collection

check it out and comment if you have time

thanks