Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mario and His Friends Have Gone to Pieces

It's been years since I bought a puzzle. I occasionally work on them with my nieces but this is the first time in a very long time I've bought a puzzle for myself, and jigsaw puzzle at that. Naturally putting Mario and his pals on the cover is a great way to get my attention.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Collector's Puzzle is a 550 piece jigsaw puzzle that comes in a stylish red box packing just like the Wii game of the same name. In fact, the puzzle is the cover of the game's box art, something I'm a bit bummed about. That being said, I've always been fond of New Super Mario Bros. Wii's cover art and even if I've seen the image a million times, the puzzle being over 500 pieces means it will probably take me some time to put together. Since it's been a while since I've worked on such an expansive puzzle it should be fun (and maybe a little frustrating) to work on sections at a time.

This puzzle also runs pretty cheap. I got mine at Barns & Nobles for just $14.95. It can probably be picked up for a big cheaper if you shop around, I'm sure. There's also a Super Mario Galaxy Collector's Puzzle that's 550 pieces as well and sells for around the same price. I'll pick that one up if I spot it or order it offline.

No comments: