Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Latest Purchases #39



My latest haul comes from fye and amazon. This would have been up a few days ago, but one of the items I ordered took a bit longer to arrive in the mail.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids is one of the first Wii games I saw in action. A friend's friend purchased it when he picked up the Wii and we all sat down on the sofa, taking turns with the different mini games for hours. The way Raving Rabbids functioned with the Wii's motion controls helped further sell me on the concept of Nintendo's at the time new console. Plus, the Rabbids were absolutely a riot to watch. Whether they were screaming like idiots or having over-sized anvils dropped on their noggins, each scene these guys appeared in was hilarious. Some bitter fans like to blame the Rabbids for "killing" Rayman, but I bear no ill will towards them. For just $6.99 Rayman and the Rabbids were all mine.

Yeah, I already have the Mega Man Powered Up  + Mega Man Maverick Hunter X Dual Pack but I told myself that if I ever saw the individual games, I'd pick those up. Being a huge Mega Man fan and for $6.99, I'd have to be some kind of moron to pass up that deal.

In the past, I've had a few chances to pick up Kirby Air Ride. It's one of those GameCube games that runs for $20 or more just about everywhere. But what kept me from picking it up was that every time I'd seen the game, there was no manual. Yeah, for a game that only requires one button (A) and the analog stick, not picking up a game because the manual is missing seems pretty odd, but I try to get my games that come in cases complete. Thankfully, I found a complete copy on amazon. I've played it and it works great. Expect a Currently Playing on Kirby Air Ride very soon.



Global Holdings Meta Knight and Waddle Dee make my Kirby plush collection grow a bit wider. I figured if there was a plush for the pink puff, then there had to be others. A search on amazon turned up these two and there are just as awesome as my Kirby plush. Waddle Dee could give Kirby a run for his money in the cute department. Apparently these things were released in 2011 because there exists one for King Dedede, but he can't be found anywhere. I kinda wish Waddle Dee was wearing that blue bandanna, but even without it, he's still one of my favorite plush toys.

2 comments:

GameOverYeah said...

I've only played about ten minutes of Kirby Air Ride but it seemed to be an alright game, not fantastic but definitely playable.

It's quite pricey over here due to low sales so was pleased to pick it up for what I did.

Reggie White Jr. said...

I'm glad I didn't have to pay too much for my copy of Kirby Air Ride either. Including shipping, it was a little over $26.

I guess the game did well enough in America. It became part of Nintendo's Player's Choice label.