Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Latest Purchases #62



Confession time. I've been doing my gaming on a SD TV for quite some time now. I was borrowing my mother's Vizio 19" LED HD TV for a little while but I had to give that back and return to gaming on my SD 13" TV that I picked up in early 2007.

So as you can see, I've missed out on quite a bit by lagging behind. I had a bit of extra money to throw around and I'd made up my mind to spend it on a new TV. I had originally planned to get a Samsung but Walmart was sold out of that brand in the 32" variety. It would have been a good deal, too since they were selling them for $227. But the 32" Vizio was a great alternative at $248. The picture quality is excellent and the sound is out of this world. I'm seeing and hearing all kinds of little details I've never noticed before. I always thought Super Smash Bros. Brawl looked amazing for not being an HD game but playing it on an HD TV shows just how gorgeous it truly is.



I can't believe I went so long without owning an HD TV. It truly is an eye opening experience. I wanted to get something that wasn't too small, but wasn't too big so that was my main reason for going with the 32" size.  I almost ended up going with a TV with inferior picture quality with a brand I'd never heard of just to save some dough, but my dad talked me out of it and am I ever glad he did.

I'll be using my vacation pay to pick up a Wii U and a PS3 this month so I'm naturally pretty excited to play some HD games on this thing. Yeah, I'm extremely late to the party as far as HD TVs go, but at least I showed up.

2 comments:

Adam said...

cool TV, I just got my first HDTV a few months ago. But it's a 28' I think

Reggie White Jr. said...

I was thinking of getting a 24" HDTV as even those looked nice. Kinda comforting to know I wasn't the only one lagging on the HD front. =)