Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Downloads #29





Star Soldier games on the TG16 are titles I pondered picking up on the Wii Shop Channel a number of times in the past. They sounded like terrific shooters (spoilers: they are) but there were always other games on the service that kept me from getting them. I was going to pick them up on the PlayStation Store, but for some odd reason, Final Soldier isn't on the PSN, which is why I decided to grab Supper Star Solider, Final Soldier and Solider Blade on the Virtual Console. One Wii Points card got me all three. Not too shabby.



I gushed over Skullgirls soundtrack more than a year ago. When I purchased a PS3, I was really looking forward to playing the game. When I browsed through the PS Store and couldn't find it, well, you can imagine my heartache. It was one of the many PSN games that had the misfortune of being removed from the store. Thankfully, it came back as Skullgirls Encore with more content. I cannot say enough how much I love the audio and visual style of this game.



River City Ransom is one of my favorite beat 'em ups and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game is very much designed like that title. I was so jealous of 360 and PS3 owners back when this game dropped. Well now that I have a PS3 some of those feelings are starting to fade. Like RCR your character can get stat upgrades and you can purchase store items to restore lost health. I'm also loving the shout-outs to other video games like the Mario Kart and Super Mario series.



Galaga is in my humble opinion, one of the greatest shooters of all-time. Not every reimagining of Namco's classic shooter have been good but Galaga Legions DX is certainly one of the better attempts. I downloaded the demo and after just playing through a few waves, I hopped right back on the PS Store to grab the full game. It's that good, boys and girls.

No comments: