Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Latest Purchases #83



Wii Sports Resort is a title I'd seen a few times for various prices on the used market. The original Wii Sports made the Wii fly off the shelves and Wii Sports Resort was just as much, if not more popular than the first game. This has been a Wii game I've always coveted, but I was just unwilling to fork over $40 or more for it. When I was picking up Splatoon and Pikmin 3 a few weeks ago, my local GameStop had a used, complete copy of Wii Sports Resort for $20. I didn't want to spend anymore than I already had so I took a chance and left the store without it, thinking, hoping, that it would still be in the store a few weeks later. Sure enough, it was, so I immediately snatched it up.



My original plan was to leave GameStop with an amiibo or two, one of them being Ness, but with Nintendo and scalpers making it infuriating to buy amiibos that aren't the usual suspects (Mario, Peach, Bowser, etc.) I opted for a trio of plushies instead. Blue Toad, has always been my favorite Toad since blue is my favorite color and he was all kinds of awesome in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D World. This one is as cute as a button. I've got more Luigi plushies than I do of Mario but I wanted this one to go along with a Mario I've got, who is also of the sit down variety. There are actually a ton of Kirby plushies I've seen online that consist of the little pink puffs numerous copy abilities. GameStop had none of those, but they did have this little guy and I couldn't just leave him there.



Since this year is the 30th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series, I decided to invest in some more Retro Game Cases to better show off my Super Mario Bros. collection. These take up more space on a shelf as opposed to displaying the carts lose, but when the cases are this good, the trade off is well worth it. With SNES games, you sometimes get the choice between the American or Japanese box art. I have nothing against Super Mario World's North American box art but I've always liked the extra details that the Super Famicom version uses. I'll probably end up getting the North American version somewhere down the line just to have both.

No comments: