Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More 8-bit Mega Man 8 Screens

You've gotta hand it to the developers of 8-bit Mega Man 8. I enjoyed Mega Man 8 as a 32-bit game but they've got me on the edge of my seat to play it all over again in 8-bit glory. Development for the game seems to be coming along nicely as the official wiki site has been updated with some more screens.

I'm not for certain if they are going with this stage select screen or not, but I've always been a fan of Mega Man's mug being in the center a la Mega Man 3. Bonus points if they use this stage select screen AND have Mega Man look at the selected robot master.

Even the "You got " screen has made the translation to 8-bit! Sweet!

Is Aqua Man a handsome guy or what? (Get it?)


The weapon screen. You may not think it's anything special, but note the E-Tank in the lower right corner of the screen. We're getting E-Tanks in this game! Woo-hoo! Now while MM8 was doable without E-Tanks the some parts of the game were made more difficult without them. Also, the Mega Ball is going to be in the game, indicated by the "R. Ball" weapon in the screen.

I've been wondering how Frost Man's stage would turn out in this game. Two parts of the level are devoted to riding on a snowboard while being told to "JUMP, JUMP! SLIDE, SLIDE!" at just the right moments. Well, I don't know if we'll actually be hearing those words, but it would seem that the snowboarding segments are definitely in.

I don't know a lick of Japanese so I haven't been poking around the official site as of late. I'd like to thank Vixy from Rockman Perfect Memories for posting this info up on the Rockman PM message boards.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Wow! Some great work here!